Clay Roof Tiles V/S Ceramic Roof Tiles
Are you also one of the homeowners who choose roof tiles as a roofing material? If yes, then you have many choices in terms of roof tile material. There are many choices in terms of roof tile materials including metal tiles, stone tiles, composite tiles, polymer tiles, copper tiles, concrete tiles, ceramic tiles, clay tiles, bituminous tiles, and more.
Out of all of these, two popular choices among the homeowners are ceramic tiles and clay tiles. Let’s compare the two of them so that you can have an idea which one is better for your home.
Ceramic tiles provide great protection against harsh weather conditions. It happens because this material is capable of withstanding strong winds and hails. It can bear a load of up to 250 kgs.
There are many pros of ceramic tiles such as:
- Protection against heat
- Ceramic tiles are highly durable
- These tiles have a longer life
- They are waterproof as well as weatherproof
- Ceramic tiles do not get caught with rust over time
- These tiles provide excellent protection against fire
- The colour of ceramic tiles do not fade away even after years of installation
- These are tiles are not susceptible to fungus and algae outgrowth
- Ceramic tiles look lustrous due to their material
Cons of ceramic tiles:
- The weight of individual roof tile is high
- The maintenance of ceramic roof tiles is very expensive
- Ceramic tiles are expensive as compared to clay tiles
When it comes to the durability and aesthetics of roofing materials in India, clay tiles are one of the best alternatives. Clay tiles are one of the most popular choices for many years. The durability and longevity of clay tiles are what make them a perfect choice for any kind of home.
Clay tiles are made by baking the red clay at high temperatures. If you live in an area where there is humid weather or heavy snowfall, then clay tiles are the best choice for your home.
Pros of clay tiles:
- Clay tiles prevent heat
- These tiles are highly durable
- Tiles made of clay are more durable than other tiles such as concrete or ceramic tiles
- Clay tiles are capable of absorbing more water
- Clay roofing tiles are environment-friendly
- Available in various sizes and colours
- Clay tiles require low maintenance
- Can last up to 100 years
- These tiles are capable of withstanding strong storms
- You can save some money on heating because clay tiles provide great insulation
- These tiles are designed in a shape that allows ventilation on the roof
Cons of clay roof tiles:
- Clay tiles are difficult to install
- These tiles are a bit overpriced
- Clay tiles are heavy
Now that you know everything about clay tiles as well as ceramic tiles, you can choose the best one according to the weather conditions as well as your requirements. Considering the price and installation efforts, it may seem that ceramic tiles are perfect for your home, but clay tiles are a boon for every homeowner.
Clay tiles are sturdy as compared to ceramic tiles that’s why they have high weight. It may cost you more to get clay tiles installed in your home, but you end up saving more money in the long run.
It is the weight of the clay tile that makes them so sturdy to withstand any storm. If you contact a reliable roofing materials provider in India, you’ll be amazed to see the options in terms of shapes, colours, and sizes.
One such supplier is Shelterch India Pvt. Ltd, where we take the satisfaction of our customers seriously. We import clay tiles from one of the world leaders La Escandella. Therefore, you can rest assured that your roof has the best quality tiles installed. Click here to get a quote on clay roof tiles today!